Accessing your money at Cash Converters just got a whole lot easier, faster and more secure.
Funds are instantly loaded onto your CashPass card at loan approval, even on non-banking days.
A CashPass card acts just like an everyday eftpos card; you can withdraw cash from ATMs or use CashPass to pay for your purchases on all eftpos terminals across New Zealand. It’s the easiest way to access your money at Cash Converters.
How does CashPass Work?
CashPass is like any other Eftpos card. You can use it at all ATMs and Eftpos terminals in New Zealand to withdraw cash and to make purchases. Once you’ve registered your card and created a 4-digit PIN for it:
- Use the CashPass card at an ATM or Eftpos terminal.
- Select Cheque for the account.
- Enter your PIN.
Why use a CashPass card?
- Safe and secure access to your funds.
- Free balance enquiries via your online account.
- Convenient use via Eftpos and ATM.
Frequently Asked Questions
Here is a list of our most frequently asked questions. If you have any questions about CashPass that you can't find an answer to, email us at email@example.com or call us on 0800 227 448.
A. CashPass is a proprietary Eftpos card that allows for a safer and more secure way of accessing your money at Cash Converters.
CashPass is not a credit card.
A. If you apply for a Personal Loan in store you will be issued with a CashPass card. Your Personal Loan can be loaded onto your CashPass card rather than being deposited into your personal bank account.
You can use your CashPass card at ATM's in New Zealand and at retail outlets that accept Eftpos payments.
A. For safety and security, before you can begin using your CashPass card, you will need to register it.
To register your CashPass card:
- Visit https://loans.cashconverters.co.nz/ and ‘Sign in’ to your online account.
- Go to the ‘Your CashPass’ page and follow the instructions to set a 4-digit pin for your CashPass card.
- Then you're ready go.
A. There is no limit to how much money you can carry on your CashPass card.
A. To find the balance of your CashPass card:
- Visit https://loans.cashconverters.co.nz and ‘Sign In’ to your online account.
- Go to the ‘Your CashPass’ page and from there you will be able to see your balance.
A. To access the statements for your CashPass card:
- Visit https://loans.cashconverters.co.nz/ and ‘Sign In’ to your online account.
- Go to the ‘Your CashPass’ page and from there you will be able to view and download your statements.
A. Only one card is issued to each customer. A customer cannot have multiple CashPass cards.
A. No, you cannot add another cardholder. CashPass cards are issued to Cash Converters customers and can only be assigned to the person who was issued the card.
A. Yes, your CashPass card will expire after 12 months from the date it was issued to you. This expiry date is not shown on the physical CashPass card but you can view the expiry date on your online account:
- Visit https://loans.cashconverters.co.nz/ and sign into your online account.
- Go to the ‘Your CashPass’ page and from there you will be able to view the expiry date of your CashPass card.
Upon expiry of your CashPass card, a new card will be provided to you free of charge.
A. If you would like to cancel your CashPass card, you can call us on 0800 227 448.
A. CashPass is used like any other Eftpos card but it must be swiped using the magstripe only.
When paying for a purchase, select ‘Cheque’ then enter your pin.
A. CashPass is a convenient way to access and use your money from Cash Converters.
- It works at all ATM's in New Zealand if the customer wants to withdraw cash.
- It works at all Eftpos terminals for purchases in New Zealand only, e.g. supermarkets, restaurants, clothing retailers, petrol stations, etc.
- It cannot be used overseas.
- It cannot be used when the cardholder is not present, i.e. cannot be used for online or phone purchases.
A. Below are just some of the reasons why you should use CashPass:
- Gives you instant access to your money at Cash Converters
- Safe and secure – no need to walk around with cash
- Allows you to manage your money at Cash Converters through your online account:
- Check balances and transactions
- Set/change card pin
- Put card on hold if it is lost, etc.
A. You cannot deposit or load your own money onto your CashPass card.
A. If you lose your CashPass card you should stop your card immediately by visiting https://loans.cashconverters.co.nz/ and logging in to your online account, navigating to the “Your CashPass” page, and clicking the “Have you lost or damaged your card” button. Alternatively, you can call us on 0800 227 448.
You can request a replacement card at one of our Cash Converters stores or by contacting our Personal Finance office on 0800 227 448. There is a card replacement fee of $15.00.
A. Like all Eftpos cards, there are small fees that are required in order for you to use your CashPass card. However, we have tried to keep these to a minimum:
- ATM withdrawal – $2.00 per transaction (first withdrawal after we’ve funded your card is free)
- ATM balance enquiry – $1.50 per enquiry (the first balance enquiry after we’ve funded your card is free)
- Eftpos transaction – $0.40 per transaction
A. CashPass card fees are deducted from the balance that is available on your CashPass account.
For example, if you have $1,000 remaining on your CashPass account and wish to withdraw it from an ATM, and have used your free ATM withdrawal, you will be charged a $2.00 ATM withdrawal fee. This means you will effectively have $998 available for withdrawal.
A. Some ATM providers have daily limits set. Common daily ATM limits are $800, $1,000 and $2,000.
When making an Eftpos purchase using a CashPass card the only limit to what you can spend on a transaction is the balance you have available on your CashPass card.
A. Most ATM providers have a minimum $20 withdrawal limit. If you have less than $20 on your CashPass card that you would like to withdraw (taking into account the $2.00 ATM withdrawal fee), visit your nearest Cash Converters store and they will be able to withdraw your money for you.