We're all about helping everyday kiwis.
We're all about helping everyday kiwis.

Contacting us

Thanks for choosing Cash Converters, New Zealand’s favourite place to buy, sell, and borrow.

If you have a question or feedback about your experience with Cash Converters, we want to hear it and we are here for you every day of the week.


Livechat with our team on our website


Message us on Facebook Messenger


Text us on 022 018 9929


Email our team


Find your nearest store

Our contact hours are 9:00am – 5:00pm, Monday to Friday, excluding public holidays.

Our store hours are 9:00am – 5:30pm, seven days a week (excluding Christmas Day, Good Friday, Easter Sunday and ANZAC Day public holidays).

If you contact us and leave a message outside of these hours, we will contact you on the next
business day.

Contact details or address change

We might need to send you statements or other information so please let us know if you change your email address, phone number, or home address.

Payment difficulty

We know things do not always go exactly to plan. If you are experiencing, or expect to experience repayment difficulties please get in touch as soon as you can. The sooner we understand your financial situation, the more we can help you. Most often, we can work out a payment plan that is acceptable to both you and us. We are here to help you. 

You may be able to obtain free financial advice, seek legal advice, make a complaint or apply to us for relief based on hardship. Information to help you with these options is available further down this page.

Potential consequences of default

What could happen if you fail to meet your commitments?

When your payment schedule is altered, it changes the total amount you pay. We never charge a higher rate of interest; however, you must continue to pay the usual interest charges on any amounts in default.

A Default Fee of $13.95 may be payable to us if a scheduled repayment is returned unpaid. You must also pay any dishonour fee charged by your bank. A Final Notice Fee of $15.00 may be payable to us if we need to write to you providing notice that your loan is in default and enforcement action may commence.

If your loan is sent to debt collection then you must pay collection fees imposed by our debt collection agent. Interest continues to be applied to your loan after it is sent to debt collection.

If you do not make and maintain a satisfactory payment arrangement with our debt collectors then we may register your details with a credit bureau, which is called a credit default. A credit default will stay on your financial record for 5 years.

You may also be required to pay other expenses we, or a third party we have engaged, have
reasonably incurred in connection with enforcement of your loan agreement including legal fees and court costs incurred on a full indemnity basis.


If you are unable to reasonably keep up your payments or other obligations because of illness, injury, loss of employment, the end of a relationship, or other reasonable cause, you have a legal right to seek changes to your loan credit agreement and apply to us for a hardship variation.

You will need to supply 2 months of your bank statements and supporting information such as letters from your employer, ACC, or WINZ.

You will need to explain the following to us in writing:

  • the reason for your repayment difficulties
  • how long you may be impacted for
  • current or expected changes to your income or expenses
  • the amount of repayments that you may be able to afford
  • Any steps you are taking to address your repayment difficulties
  • Any other information that may be relevant to support your request for repayment relief

You can request an extension of the term of the contract (which will reduce the amount of each payment due under the contract); or a postponement of the dates on which  payments are due under the contract (specify the period for which you want this to apply) or both of the above.

You should make your application for hardship by emailing Personal Finance alternatively by post to Cash Converters Finance, PO Box 6410, Victoria Street West, Auckland 1141.

Financial mentoring and budgeting services

Completely free and independent, building financial capability help is available to anyone who wants to manage their money better, create a personal or household budget, or achieve a financial goal. For a good start, check out the free tools on

Financial mentors can help you with confidential advice, and talk you through your options
for getting on top of debts and covering the essentials. They provide advice to anyone who is
struggling with debt, or who wants to plan for the future.

Christians Against Poverty

For free help with debt and money problems you can get help from Christians Against Poverty (CAP).

You can call CAP on 0508 227 111.

Money Talks & Family Services

For face-to-face help with budgeting, debt, and money problems you can contact a budgeting service. 

You can look for one in your area, on the Money Talks website, or the Family Services directory.

Money Talks also provides advice by email, text, live chat, and phone 0800 345 123.

Citizens Advice Bureau

If you cannot find one on your own, your local Citizens Advice Bureau (CAB) can help you find a budgeting service.

Our debt collectors

Debtworks New Zealand, 91 Central Park Drive, Henderson, Auckland 0610, New Zealand

Debtworks are a privately owned debt collection company that work on behalf of clients in New Zealand and globally. If they have contacted you, it’s probably to do with a debt you may owe to one of their clients. Debtworks will help you with payment options and may consider a hardship application.

Please call 0800 922 922 or contact them here:

Recoveriescorp New Zealand, PO Box 9589, Newmarket, Auckland 1149, Auckland, New Zealand

Recoveriescorp is a contact centre specialising in receivables management solutions and insurance claims recovery services. They may try to contact you via telephone, email, SMS or post. If you are having difficulty paying, Recoveriescorp can discuss your payment options.

Please call 0800 400 008 or email:

Complaints to us

If you are not satisfied with the service you have received from us you should contact us. We have an internal complaints process and undertake to investigate your concerns promptly, fairly, and free of charge. You can contact us to make a complaint here: Provide as much detail as possible, including how and when to contact you.

Upon receipt of your complaint, we will respond acknowledging your complaint within 3 days and then investigate the information provided by you and all other relevant facts. We aim to resolve your complaint as soon as possible; however, a longer time frame may be required, depending on the nature of the complaint.

In the event of delay, you will be kept fully informed of our revised response time, which will be no longer than 15 business days.

Complaint resolution

If you are not satisfied by our response you may refer the matter to Financial Services Complaints Limited (“FSCL”) an independent Financial Ombudsman service. Our membership number is 2003. We have 40 days to respond to your FSCL complaint.

Full details of how to access the FSCL scheme can be obtained on their website, by emailing or calling FSCL on 0800 347 257. 

There is no cost to you to use the services of FSCL

Legal advice

You always have the option to obtain free legal advice and information about consumer rights.

Citizens Advice Bureaus (CAB) provide free, confidential, independent advice, and information about consumer rights to anyone. They show people how to access services they need. You can get face-to-face help by visiting your local CAB – no appointment needed. You can contact them at , or calling free on 0800 367 222.

CAB also provides a free service where you can browse information about your rights online.

Another option to source free legal support, information and advice is